Please contact A is for Apple for full parent handbook. Below are some of our important policies...
Enrollment Requirements: Before care for your child will begin there are several things you must do:
- Read through and become familiar all policies in the parent handbook.
- A complete physical must be on file and updated as needed. Please be sure to give updated proof of immunizations as they occur or a medical exemption form if unable to vaccinate. NYS no longer accepts any other exemptions.
- All appropriate forms/permissions must be filled out, signed, and on file prior to admission.
- A payment of your first week’s tuition and final two week’s tuition (or a payment arrangement) will be required at the end of the trial period. If care is to start more than 2 weeks in the future, a nonrefundable fee in the amount of 50% of the regular rate must be paid weekly or the slot will not be held.
Hours of Operation:The hours of individual care may vary depending on the contract between parents and provider.
Please see Rates and Openings page for current rates
Registration fee: $30 per child. Fee is nonrefundable and is due before enrollment paperwork will be given.
Non-Traditional Hours: additional $5 per hour before 7:00am and/or after 5:30pm.
No/Late Show Fee:$25 in addition to contracted rate, assessed if child is not in care as arranged
Early Drop-off/Late Pick-up Fee:$10 plus $1 per minute unless prearranged. There is no grace period.
Overtime:$10 per hour or part thereof, for any contracted time over 10 hours per day or pre-approved time over contracted limit.
Late Payment Fee: $25 per day that payment is not received by 5:30pm on Friday. (i.e. Monday morning = $75)
Returned Check: $25 plus any additional costs incurred. After a returned check, checks will no longer be accepted for payment.
Credit Card Payment Fee: $5 per use
Delayed illness pickup Fee: $10 per half hour after the first half hour following the first attempt of provider notification.
Payment: Due to the limited slots, tuition is due regardless of attendance and is nontransferable to other days of the week. Extended leaves may be accommodated at the discretion of the provider.
All tuition is due by 5:30pm on Friday the week before care is provided. If tuition is not received, your child will not be accepted into care again until payment, including all fees, is made.
Daycare Subsidy: Parents who qualify for Daycare Subsidy must have full approval in place prior to attendance. ANY fees or tuition not covered by subsidy are the parents’ responsibility and are payable in advance of each week or as accrued. This includes but is not limited to tuition amount above allowed amount from county, late fees, child’s absence and provider’s closed days. Proof of qualification must be presented to provider prior to start date or parents will be liable for tuition until proof is provided. Upon proof being provided and first payment from the county, A is for Apple will refund all tuition paid by the parent that was covered by the subsidy.
Drop Off/Pick Up:
- Before drop off each morning, a parent is required to update, in Tadpoles, each child’s information for the morning/night before as part of their health and wellness check.
- No drop offs will be allowed after 10:00am.
- If you are over 30 minutes late picking up, and we have not been notified, first a call will be made to the normal pickup person, then if no answer, an alternate. If we get no response, from any of the listed numbers, then a call to the police will be made.
Behavior Management: Corporal punishment is not accepted in childcare. Discipline will be in accordance with age and understanding level. Praise will be used to promote good behavior. Younger children will be redirected to another activity. For more severe misbehavior children may be separated from the group, but within view of the provider at all times for as long as may be needed for the safety of all. If a child becomes a persistent behavior problem, we will address it with you privately and we will try to resolve it together.
Meals: We provide meals and snacks however if your child needs a special diet, you must furnish these foods. Please list on the medical report any food allergies your child may have. Please do not send any food or drink with your child.
Activities: Age appropriate activities are scheduled, with flexibility allowed to respond to the needs of the individual child and day. We offer times for outside play, crafts, stories, instruction, and naps appropriate to the child's ages, interests, and abilities. We do many arts and crafts where the focus is on the process, not the product.
Rest Period: All children are required to have a rest period. No child is forced to sleep; however, they must remain quiet. Older children, and those who wake early, will participate in a quiet activity until Rest Time is over. Children will nap in daycare area on a mat/cot or in a play pen and may be monitor electronically and physically checked every 15 minutes. All infants will be placed on their backs to sleep unless a doctor’s note is provided.
Child Abuse/Neglect: We are required by law to report any suspected signs of child abuse and/or neglect.
Smoking: The house is a non-smoking environment. There is no smoking in the house or on the property.
Supplies: All children’s items should have their full name written on them. You must provide the following things to be left in care and sealed in a resealable bag:
1 (3 for potty training) complete change of clothing, including shirt, pants, socks, and underwear.
1 pair of slip on, indoor only, shoes (ie. Crocs, canvas shoes, hard soled slipper).
1 jacket or sweater (including in the summer in case child feels cold in air conditioning)
For infants, 1 bottle and Breast milk if breastfeeding (formula is provided)
If these items are not left for daily use, A is for Apple will purchase the needed items and add the cost to the tuition bill for the week purchased.
Note: Donations of wipes, tissues and paper towels GREATLY appreciated.
Toilet Training: We will assist you in toilet training your child with the understanding that it will be successful only if we all work together. We will use cotton underwear or pull-ups supplied by the parent.
Pets: There are 2 dogs in our house. Both are kid friendly, kept healthy and receive all shots necessary.
Illness: Under no circumstance is a contagious child to attend care. If you are unable to remain home with your child, it is your responsibility to make substitute childcare arrangements. For children in school, any child to ill for school is too ill for childcare.
For the benefit of all involved, the following policies will be strictly enforced:
- Children who have exhibited or have household members exhibiting ANY symptoms of infectious illness within the proceeding 72-hour period should remain at home. Examples of symptoms include, but are not limited to, fever (defined as any temperature that is above the normal temperature for the individual person), nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, loss of voice, hacking or continuous coughing, rapid/labored breathing, flushed skin, fatigue, extreme fussiness, yellow or green runny nose, draining eyes or ears, rash, or head lice.
- Provider reserve the right to determine whether a child should remain in care where illness is a consideration. Exceptions of the 72 hours may be allowed by the provider if a doctor’s note is provided, but a doctor note is not a guarantee of admittance.
- Parents of any child who becomes ill during the day will be promptly notified and are expected to arrange to pick up their child immediately. If the parent cannot be reached, the person designated as the emergency contact will be notified. If the child is not picked up within 30 minutes of the first notification attempt of illness, there will be a fee of $10 per half hour or part there of.
- If a child becomes ill during childcare hours they will not be readmitted until at least 72 hours (3 days) after all symptoms have resolved without medication and at least 96 hours (4 days) after pickup.
- Depending on symptoms, provider may require medical clearance before child is re-admitted into care.
Immunizations will require the child to be excluded from care for 48 hours so the parent can watch for any possible adverse reactions. The provider highly recommends Friday appointments for these visits.
Medications: At this time, we can administer only over the counter medications with the correct paperwork on file.
Hand Washing: Everyone, including children and staff, will thoroughly wash their hands with soap and running water at the beginning of each day, when they are dirty, after contact with any bodily secretion or fluid, after coming in from outdoors, after toileting or assisting children with toileting, after changing a diaper, and before and after food handling or eating.
Termination of Care: After a two-week trial period, clients must give 2 weeks written notice of termination of care. If you terminate care without giving appropriate notice, you will be responsible for payment of the final 2 weeks of care whether your child is in care or not. Please be advised that you will be charged the No Show Fee until you notify us that your child will not be returning for up to 1 week of the first no-show. The provider may terminate the childcare agreement at will. Fees and tuition paid are nonrefundable if care is terminated.
A is for Apple Rules:
- Have a positive attitude.
- Be respectful of others and the environment including our house.
- Be polite and show good manners.
- Use a voice that is appropriate.
- Only adults pick up babies and toddlers.
- Always stay with an adult.
- Only adults open doors.